What is an Automatic Pool Cover?
Automatic pool covers are a mechanical device that is designed to cover and uncover the surface of a swimming pool.
These covers are usually installed on top of the pool and are either opened or closed by an electric motor. They have a number of benefits such as protecting children and pets from falling in the water and keeping debris, leaves, insects and other pests out of the pool.
They also save water by preventing evaporation. In addition to these benefits, they also provide extra safety for children, pets and adults that may fall into the pool without warning.
What are the Benefits of an Automatic Pool Cover?
A Vancouver automatic pool cover is the perfect solution to keep your pool clean and free of leaves and dirt. It will also provide protection from the sun, so you don’t have to worry about your pool getting too hot.
The benefits of an automatic pool cover are numerous, but here are a few of the most notable:
- Automatically covers your pool when it rains or gets too cold
- Prevents leaves, bugs and other debris from entering your pool
- Keeps the water at a consistent temperature
- Protects against harmful UV rays
- keep your pool safe and clean during winter
What are the Different Types of Automatic Pool Covers Available?
Automatic pool covers are available in a number of different types, each with their own benefits and drawbacks.
The type of automatic pool cover that you choose will depend on the size of your pool and the amount of time that you want to spend maintaining it.
How Automatic Pool Covers Actually Work
Automatic safety covers are designed to open up when someone gets close, and then close again as soon as they walk away. The opening process is usually triggered by a sensor that detects the weight of someone walking on the cover, or by a remote control device.
The cover will open again if it has been closed for more than 20 minutes and there is no one on the surface of the water. This is done in order to prevent any accidents from happening when people get too close to the pool area after returning from a swim.
Pros and Cons of Having an Automated Swimming Pool Cover
- Less time and effort required to maintain the pool cover
- No need for a professional to install, remove or replace the cover
- No need to purchase a new cover every time it is worn out, becomes damaged or when you move home
- Saves money on electricity bills as less water evaporates with an automated pool cover.
- The automation process may not work in certain circumstances such as if there is a power outage. This will require manual intervention and the battery life of the solar panel may be depleted if it is not recharged regularly.